Stockholm International Peace Research Institute Internship for Communications and Outreach
The Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) is looking for an intern to join its outreach and communication activities for a period of at least 4 months between January and June 2011.
As an intern you will have the opportunity to work closely with the SIPRI communications and editorial team during an exciting period. During the period of the internship, SIPRI will be preparing its renowned Yearbook and will release its key data sets on international arms transfers, arms production and worldwide military expenditure. These media launches traditionally attract wide international media coverage.
You will help to assemble and develop the contents of the Yearbook, prepare background media material, draft press releases, follow up with journalists, facilitate interviews, help make media material available through the webside and facebook, help setting up launch events, help monitor media coverage and more.
As a candidate ideally:
* you have a background in or are studying communications or public relations [or publishing?]
* you have a rough understanding of international relations and security issues
* you have a strong interest in communication, outreach activities and enjoy talking to journalists
* you are organized, reliable, taking initiative, independent and enthusiastic about the tasks
* you have some basic knowledge of website content management systems and a basic understanding of social forums such as Facebook and YouTube
* you have good language skills, English is a prerequisite, Spanish highly advantageous, Swedish useful
SIPRI cannot not pay for housing, travel or any other expenses and does not pay interns a salary. Applicants should indicate in their applications that they can provide their own funding to cover all their costs in Sweden. However, we can offer a highly stimulating working environment and a truly international experience with relevant topics and advanced media work.
Send an email with your CV to Stephanie Blenckner, SIPRI’s Communications Director, email: email@example.com
Starting time: According to agreement, as soon as possible during January.
tags: lowongan kerja|job vacancy|career|working|occupation|opportunity|urgently required|cari kerja|karir|kesempatan|peluang|penerimaan karyawan baru|part time|freelance|fresh graduated|management trainee|bank|oil and gas|pertambangan|bumn|CPNS|PNS|Pegawai Negeri Sipil|Guru|Hotel|Restauran|Hospitality|Medical|Medis|Rumah Sakit|Dokter|Bidan|Perawat|Suster|perkebunan kelapa sawit|Fresh Graduated|Management Trainee|SMU|SMK|SMA|SLTA|DIPLOMA|D3|Sarjana|S1|S2|S3|Scholarship|Program Beasiswa|Nopember|Desember 2010